248am logo

Labor law help again (Update from the previous question)

asked Oct 18, 2016 in Work by Adnan
edited Oct 18, 2016
Sorry for another question.
I got a notice today on the 18th, that my 3 month period began at the beginning of the month, and the manager just said me that I won't be getting my Salary monthly, it has been blocked. I'll be getting my salary for the 3 months together once I've transferred my residency.  Is this legal? How can I get it monthly?

Your answer

Your name to display (optional):
Privacy: Your email address will only be used for sending these notifications.
Anti-spam verification:
To avoid this verification in future, please log in or register.

1 Answer

answered Oct 18, 2016 by anonymous
No this is not legal. They have to pay you at least the first 2 months of the notice period. They may withhold the last month till you transfer your residency, but they can't do it for all 3 months. If you have a copy of the termination letter you can take it directly to the ministry of social affairs and labor, complain that you were fired and the company is refusing to pay your salary and they will raise hell with the company (simply by closing their ministry file). Even if you don't have a copy of the letter, the ministry will still make an issue out of it but it's better to have solid evidence to make the process faster.
commented Oct 18, 2016 by Mark (55,820 points)
Based on an experience two friends are going through, the ministry of social affairs and labor will NOT close the companies file. All they can do is act as a mediator between both parties. The ministry of social affairs and labor will close the companies file only if they themselves find acts of wrongdoing but they won't because an employee raises a complaint against a company.  This is based on two friends with two different companies both seeking their indemnity and both been chasing their companies for months with no results. One of my friends is even Kuwaiti.
commented Oct 19, 2016 by Adnan
Thank you for the quick replies guys.
Welcome to Kuwestions where you can ask anything relating to Kuwait and receive answers from other members of the community.