248am logo

I got hit from behind and the police gave me a slip. I tried to call the other guy whose number is mentioned but the number isnt working. What do I do?

asked Nov 19, 2016 in Automotive by Rastapopulus3
While driving on 40 towards Kuwait City, I got hit from behind near the exit for 4th ring road. Luckily the cops were nearby and gave me a Incident report and asked me to go to Jabriya Police Station but the other guy said he cant come immediately. i came to work and asked my Arab colleague to try his number but his number is invalid. What do I do? Mine is a rental car

Your answer

Your name to display (optional):
Privacy: Your email address will only be used for sending these notifications.
Anti-spam verification:
To avoid this verification in future, please log in or register.

3 Answers

answered Nov 20, 2016 by anonymous
Go back to the police station and tell them what is happening, and ask them if you can get the repair permission paper so the rental company can fix your car.
answered Jul 16, 2017 by Burhan
Its very simple:

- Go go Jabriya police station ask to file an incident report (or just hand them the slip)
- They will contact the other person.

If they other person is not available, does not respond, etc. you have two options:

1. If you need an incident report to repair your car (or claim insurance), then you need to ask the investigator for the same. If they don't have an investigator at that police station - they will prepare a paper, staple it and tell you which police station to go to. Go to the assigned police station with the car, the paper, and your civil id and car's registration book. The investigator will take a picture of your car and ask you to come back in a few days for the report.  Collect the report and return back to the original police station (in your case, Jabriya).

2. Give the report to the investigative officer.

3. He/she will file an incident report and hand it to you. You can use this to claim insurance or do repairs on your car.

In this case, its called an "unknown party" incident, which reduces your claim, but at least you will get out of the situation fast. Otherwise, good luck trying to chase the guy (well, the police should, but you'll have to keep returning back to the station until they do - or they close the case as unreachable).
commented Jul 16, 2017 by Kuwait (3,300 points)
He got hit 8 months back, pretty sure he's taken care of the accident by now.
answered Jul 16, 2017 by Khaled (2,540 points)
basically your in the clear, just go tot he police station and explain the situation.

also the answer by burhan is extremely helpful
commented Jul 16, 2017 by Rastapopulus3
Thanks for the wonderful response albeit late.
The main point which was missed out was the fact that make sure you go with someone who speaks Arabic. For a country with so many expats, having persons speaking other languages than Arabic at the police station would have helped.
It was a nightmare for me to get the damn paper which I needed to submit for insurance claims but anyhow its done.
Welcome to Kuwestions where you can ask anything relating to Kuwait and receive answers from other members of the community.