248am logo

Social allowance for freelance developer without office

asked May 19 in Work by anonymous
I am a Kuwaiti National and have been working in the private sector for 10 years. I hold a degree in computer engineering I’m looking to leave my current employer and freelance as a developer.
Is there a legal way (without working the system) to establish an LLC and get social allowance without having a physical office location?

Your answer

Your name to display (optional):
Privacy: Your email address will only be used for sending these notifications.
Anti-spam verification:
To avoid this verification in future, please log in or register.

3 Answers

answered May 19 by Mark (37,070 points)
commented May 22 by anonymous
You can get a license but you will not get social allowance without a physical location
answered May 21 by anonymous
Yes you definetly can be self employed and receive social allowance, they call it (elbab elkhamis), but I'm not sure if  a physical location is required.
commented May 21 by Mark (37,070 points)
KBC have this new thing where you don't need a physical location anymore, a mailbox would suffice.
commented May 21 by anonymous
Yes I know, but that license may not necessary qualify for a Kuwaiti to receive social allowance.
answered 6 days ago by anonymous
Catch 22
You can't get social allowance without being hired by a business or own your business
You can't get a business (license) without physical location
I know i have set up several businesses
However get a physical address (with lease - must have lease to tie to physical location) to set up a business then shut the location down BUT in order to renew the license you need a physical address and lease again
NO your home cannot be the location of the business - buildings are coded by balidiya for residential or business
Bite the bullet and pay for a cheap office - then sublet it or get office space and never show up....
Or get 'ghost employment' by a company that needs Kuwaitis ...... just for your allowance
Or set up a business (like a salon but under a broader general traditions license) and let someone else run the company (lots of Indian woman i know want to run a salon but need a business owner)
commented 6 days ago by Mark (37,070 points)
his home can be the location of the business, KBC now allows that
commented 6 days ago by anonymous
But he may not qualify for a social allowance.
Welcome to Kuwestions where you can ask anything relating to Kuwait and receive answers from other members of the community.