248am logo

OEC for Nanny Going on Vacation to the Philippines

asked Feb 5, 2018 in Other by anonymous
edited Feb 5, 2018
Our nanny is going for a one month vacation to the Philippines. I suddenly became aware of something called an Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) required of all Filipino nationals working overseas.
The problem is I am not sure if our nanny needs it or not and how to go about obtaining it. I have already sent an email to the labour office here in Kuwait, but I was hoping to see if anyone has gone through the process and can help with the steps/details.
I have never heard of this before and none of our previous nannies or helpers has ever mentioned such a requirement.

Your answer

Your name to display (optional):
Privacy: Your email address will only be used for sending these notifications.
Anti-spam verification:
To avoid this verification in future, please log in or register.

1 Answer

answered Feb 7, 2018 by Fil
selected Feb 7, 2018 by Mark
Best answer
All Filipinos that will go on vacation do require an OEC.

For the 1st timer:
1. Log on http://bmonline.ph and register.
2. Set an appointment to go to Phil. Embassy on the website.
3. Bring the necessary papers to validate in the Phil Embassy.
4. OEC will be issued.
Welcome to Kuwestions where you can ask anything relating to Kuwait and receive answers from other members of the community.